Dawn breaking over Dublin. I took this picture on the rather long plane ride, since I wasn't busy sleeping. Needless to say, the jetlag hit us pretty hard. But we're here, and we're trying to stay awake as much as possible. Today mostly consisted of walking around the city, which is very urban, comparable to Chicago and other major cities. The weather is mostly cloudy, the people are nice, the traffic is heavy. We walked to a beach called "the strand" by some, apparently it's mentioned in Ulysses. There has been much talk of Joyce. On the way back from this faraway beach, we stopped in a pub and had a Guinness. There was a "football" match on TV, so the locals were a little rowdy. We also took a trip to St. Stephens Green, a verdant oasis among cramped apartment buildings and shops. There is much more to tell you, and many more pictures, but I don't have much time left, Internet isn't free, and it doesn't work well at all. I have already made many attempts at posting. We'll try to update when we can, there will be more once we leave the expensive Dublin for the smaller cities. I'll leave you with this image, which I took after it had started to rain a bit.
Sunday, March 4, 2007
Dawn breaking over Dublin. I took this picture on the rather long plane ride, since I wasn't busy sleeping. Needless to say, the jetlag hit us pretty hard. But we're here, and we're trying to stay awake as much as possible. Today mostly consisted of walking around the city, which is very urban, comparable to Chicago and other major cities. The weather is mostly cloudy, the people are nice, the traffic is heavy. We walked to a beach called "the strand" by some, apparently it's mentioned in Ulysses. There has been much talk of Joyce. On the way back from this faraway beach, we stopped in a pub and had a Guinness. There was a "football" match on TV, so the locals were a little rowdy. We also took a trip to St. Stephens Green, a verdant oasis among cramped apartment buildings and shops. There is much more to tell you, and many more pictures, but I don't have much time left, Internet isn't free, and it doesn't work well at all. I have already made many attempts at posting. We'll try to update when we can, there will be more once we leave the expensive Dublin for the smaller cities. I'll leave you with this image, which I took after it had started to rain a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would make a joke about finding pots of golden things at the end of that rainbow...but that would be cliche. Take some pics of yourselves and-or little irish babies!!!!
Post a Comment