Oh. Hello, there. I didn't see you come in. Well, go ahead and have a seat. Would you like anything to drink? Just a glass of water? Okay, well, if you want anything else, let me know. Now, let me tell you a little about the little town of Galway, in the little county of Galway. First, the town is actually a large, thriving metropolis, full of construction and college students. Second, you may not want to drink that glass of water I gave you, for, you see, the city is under a boil order, so the contaminated water is not safe to drink straight from the tap. Third, you probably shouldn't sit down on that corner of the bed, for, as you've discovered by now, the wheel underneath is broken, and the bed simply tilts until the corner hits the floor.
Now that my introduction is over, I'll tell you that Jeff and I are having a great time in Galway, despite the aforementioned complications. Our hotel is nice, and they provide bottled water daily at no extra charge. We've done a lot of walking around the city already, over to Galway Bay, through the shopping district, etc. The bay is beautiful, especially with the clement weather we've been experiencing over the past few days. We ate lunch there and fed the swans (but not the seagulls). We've also been spending a lot of time in the main hangout of the city, Eyre Square (pronounced "air," for the literarily disinclined). There's a really cool park that's always packed with people. It feels a lot like being on a campus quad. We've also gone to a few of the local drinkeries for darts and such. I got to read some Lady Gregory in the park and Joyce at "Fibber Magee's."
That reminds me--there are many good bookstores around here, and in most places we've been. Anyone have any reading suggestions? I'm sure I'll have enough to keep me occupied. Speaking of reading, I'm going to wrap this entry up, so that I can start reading and you can stop. Enjoy the pictures of the bay and the perilous Cliffs of Moher, at which we stopped on the way here.
No comments:
Post a Comment